Monday, February 05, 2024

 





                  A Love Letter to My Family

                                                                           Sandy Young

I dedicate this “letter” to all of the people and furry friends in the photos below
(with special thanks to Todd for the covers)!


for my family...

Before you begin to read this book, I offer an apology. It took me more than two years to write this love letter, so here at the end, I’m eager (maybe even anxious because of some of the things I’ve said) to get it printed and bound. I had hoped to have it for you as a “giff” for Christmas 2020, then Christmas 2021, and now Christmas 2022. I’m writing this message on October 5, 2022, and you never can tell what might happen before I give your love letter to you. The publication date and gifting to you will be a surprise to all of us. I’m tired of prognosticating! Ready to get this book in your hands and hopefully in your hearts.


CONTENTS Introduction

Preface

My God Beliefs

My Political Beliefs

Ever the English Teacher

Thoughts on Writing

My Reading Life

Letter Writing and Journaling

Traveling with the Youngs

Christmases I Have Known and Loved

Social Media — A Love-Hate Relationship

Retirement
(Both the pros and the cons)

The Old Folks at Home

Psalm 30:5
“For His anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.”

A Little Bit of Bible
A Potpourri of Last Thoughts Just Two More Things . . . Afterthoughts

No comments: