Monday, April 20, 2015

Q is for QUESTIONS



As a schoolteacher, I was used to lots of questions. I encouraged questions in my classroom. I would much rather have my students ask questions than to go home and realize that they needed to ask one more thing before being able to complete an assignment.

My job now is to do sales presentations and training after schools purchase our textbooks. Almost all of my work is done online in webinars, with teachers in their schools and me in my messy little office. When I’m working with the teachers online, I encourage questions about what I’m saying to them.

Questions are good. I learned that from my mother. She taught me that I’d never know anything if I didn’t ask questions. And she taught by example. In fact, she taught me in an embarrassing way.

Every time one of my friends came to our house, Mother would begin to grill him or her: “What did you have for dinner?” “Did your dad get that new job?” “Do you have your prom dress yet?” Just one question after another . . . embarrassing to a teenager.


Q threw me today . . . please forgive such a short, unimportant, poorly written piece!

2 comments:

Stephen Tremp said...

I seemed to have lost my desire to ask questions. I should probably rekindle that fire.

Stephen Tremp
A to Z Co-host
R is for Reincarnation

Marcy said...

I like your questions, your take on questions, and your post. Have a lovely day!